Becoming a novice is the official beginning of the religious life. During this time the novice is assisted to discern her divine call leading her to a deepened personal relationship with Christ and to be initiated into the requirements of the religious life. The aims include:
- To develop her intimate relationship with God through prayer, the study of the person of Jesus, solitude, silence, reflection, liturgy and sacraments.
- To learn how to live a life of poverty, chastity, and obedience in the community.
- To understand and live the charism and mission of the Congregation.
- To prepare her for apostolic activity in awareness of the world’s needs and the signs of our time.
- To help her reach sufficient human psychological and spiritual maturity to make a free commitment to God’s call in profession.
The duration for novices is two years.